Friday 5 February 2010

Fri 5 February

TGIF!
In more ways than one. 

I don't feel particularly bright this morning  - a bit of a late one last night.

Also the news from Sr M last night about the case has dampened my spirits.
I dutifully go in and get on with various job descriptions and monitoring schemes.
A new type of project crosses my bows in the early afternoon. 
Reformatting a 'logframe' report for one of our biggest donors.
It is not a simple matter of moving one column over to a new place. 
It actually requires a different type of information that I must glean from an older report or leave blank.
It shows up a lot of missing information. Sr M will have some chasing to do.

I attend my last Ayurvedic session at 4 pm and it is a charged  session. The girls are visibly sad and ask me whether I will be coming back next year and will I remember them?


I have not forgotten to bring my sari and after my shower they dress me up like a Barbie doll. 

Rajani has flair and ties the sari round the waist in the sexy Keralan style (see Left) . 

You can see her here tweaking her creation. Quite shy, she always finds a way to avoid looking at the camera.

Priya is shy too.... but puts on a brave face....



Ambika, or rather Ambi as she prefers, is just her usual beaming self!

She has been my devoted Malayalam teacher throughout these 21 days and I will miss her infectious smile and good humour.
I meet Dr. Veena for one final chat and she offers me a very pretty typically Keralan "settu mundu"

as a souvenir. 

She also invites me to her baby's blessing ceremony at the Hindu temple on 14 Feb. I'll do my utmost to be there.


It is quite an emotionally charged farewell but I promise them I will return before my final departure....



After all these emotions, I need to recover! 

The evening is restful and we all watch another movie... Great escapist relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment