Wednesday 3 February 2010

Mon-Weds 1-3 February

Life has got a regular rhythm. Mornings at Sr Mercy's and afternoons at Ayurvedic Hospital. Evenings spent on the internet ironing out details for my Sri Lanka trip.

I am not feeling at all well, full of sneezes and a very runny nose but plod on anyway. It is odd having this cold with the high temperatures outside! But I hear through the grapevine of others in other countries, suffering similar symptomss, so I don't feel completely weird.

The BIG news is that I lost my camera a week ago. Last Wednesday was the last I saw it, downloaded all the pics and then never saw it  again. I have searched everywhere - room, house, office, clinic, the lot. It may have jumped out of my bag when a rickshaw went over a bump! Who knows? I have definitely given it up for lost though.

Resign myself to using my video camera. Bulky and short battery life BUT I need to see if it is feasible to capture some still shots from the footage. Also, I have started researching a camera shop in Trivandrum. Amazingly there is only one and it's a department store! Checked online for their stock... and for their equivalent of "home shopping". Just in case. But have cold feet and hope I don't have to do this! Babu has offered to lend me his, so any pictures from now on are from his camera or shots taken by others.

I have spent a LOT of time planning my Sri Lanka trip. I have pinpointed a couple of hotels I 
really would like to stay in, also a couple of hostels and guest houses. More importantly I have found and booked a guide-driver to shepherd me all over the island seeing the places I really want to explore. The itinerary is set and things are falling into place. I am pleased. 

No comments:

Post a Comment