Thursday 4 February 2010

Thurs 4 February

Much excitement because today is one of THE court case hearings and Sr. M and I have been building up a lot of supporting documents. We saw the lawyer a few days ago and he says he will play it calmly and see what the other side has to say. Lawyer only affair we are told.

To settle my mind, I work on a job description and timetable docs.

Then it's Birthday Party time and Babu whisks us off to the Poonthura playgroup for volunteer Lucy's 19th birthday. Everyone is in a high state of excitement. All the volunteers are there and Babu Sahib!

Surrounded by children and staff of the playgroup is Lucy is in the pink sari. Next to her is Poppy in a turquoise churidar top, Tom E in black T shirt and white lunghi, and Cara in a navy sari!

Some of the outfits are lent by the nursery and tailoring staff.  I am not in the picture as I am busy filming the whole thing on video.

We get served a hot lunch, complete with cake and ice cream! What a treat!

Back at the saltmines, I go through audited reports and prepare lists and tables.  Before I know it, it's time to leave for my penultimate Ayurvedic session! Nearly there! The girls at the clinic are already talking about missing me. It's touching. No pun intended! I need to make sure I have the things I have promised to bring them tomorrow.

Get a call when I return home. The court hearing was a damp squib! Our lawyer sent his junior and it was adjourned. To top it off he has still not filed the Arrears accounts. Grrrr! Cannot understand this lawyer. What a frustration! I am fuming!

Take it out on my ironing! I have decided to wear my "settu mundu" as we are all going out to dinner at The Mascot Hotel. 


Lucy's Birthday celebration and a sort of farewell treat from the two Toms to Babu. The 2 Ts are both leaving next Monday morning, coincidentally on the same flight!

Babu really enjoys the evening especially the speech made by Tom G. complete with song!


Not to be outdone Tom E. delivers a fine speech in honour of our birthday girl, Lucy and also thanks Babu for beiong his second father.

It's a good night out and Oh yes I forgot to say we got a ride in a rickety old Ambassador taxi - because we were dressed in our finery! That's one for the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment