Friday 29 January 2010

Friday 29 Jan

Had a pleasant sort of day with Sr. Mercy today. She certainly confides a lot in me and we share jokes and stories about our childhood. We were working on another job description and she never realised just how much she was expecting from this one person. She also agonised over how much more she wanted this job to be. So we talked a lot about this and how busy this person would be, and did she really need to be attending all these meetings and how was she going to manage her time etc.

Then she asked me to edit and review a six month report for a foreign aid agency. Her draft gives me even more background to the charity and makes me ask lots of questions so I can make the text clearer and regroup topics in more coherent paragraphs. I am taking this away with me to work on over the weekend along with a monitoring scheme and a time management study for some of the staff positions.

Catch an auto almost immediately and he puts the meter on! Yippee no haggling!

I've picked up a sore throat, which has been building up these last 2 days -  probably from using a badly washed cup or glass somewhere. There are loads of coughing and spitting people around. It's a miracle I haven't picked something up before.

Anyway am gargling with salt and sipping lime juice. Still popping the Vit Cees and may start Paracetamol. Interesting to see how long it takes to get over it.

Last day for this round of Ayurvedic treatments and I am relieved. The sessions are altering my sense of time and making me so knackered. Yes I am sleeping better at night BUT I am also sleepier during the day! The doctors go on about how I need to "take rest". And perhaps I should have done a lot more of that! All pain on the knees is gone and that is a relief. I am given a special crumbly mixture to take for my sore throat.

No plans for the weekend but have plenty to do - especially mapping out my whole Sri Lanka trip. Blog could also do with a bit of attention. Never a dull moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment