Thursday 21 January 2010

Thursday 21 Jan

Really feeling low these two days. Lost my appetite, very little energy, really feeling I have to force myself to do anything. Is this the Ayurvedic treatment taking effect or is it just that I have been here 6 weeks and some things are starting to drive me crazy?

Thursday night I need to get out of the house and away from the tedium and charmlessness of everyday life. I ask Babu if we can go for a drive after supper. He jumps at the chance and Tom E is keen to join us too. I want to do some exploring somewhere near Kovalam - a smaller beach called Samudra. I have done a little research on the internet to find what hotels exist so at least, we have a destination.

My secret plan is to find a hotel with a pool where I could spend the day sunning myself and swimming over the weekend - we check out the Uday Samudra hotel resort and Kovalam Beach Resort. The first is so much better than the second and we find out they do a Day Package for Rs. 550 - (less than 10 pounds) and it includes a buffet lunch and full use of the 3 pools and their gym from 10 am to 6 pm. It's just what I have been dreaming of. We finish off the night by strolling down onto the beach - the wind is refreshing and it has been a real change of scenery. Good for the soul!


No comments:

Post a Comment