Wednesday 20 January 2010

Wednesday 20 Jan

The treatments must be having an effect. I feel sleepy and listless all the time. My appetite has dropped and I have to force myself to eat. The sight of certain foods really turns my stomach. I am longing for grilled or roasted meat, uninterfered with vegetables, no sauces, also something sweet.

I have to say that my extremely oily hair is also affecting my mood. And I am a bit short-tempered.... best to keep out of my way!

Aurvedic treatment is first thing this morning. My plan is really not to do very much today and recover my mood and my energy. The usual four treatments absorb the better part of 4 hours. It is amazing to think how I can afford this time - every day.


KIZHI is a massage of the whole body with muslin packets of herbs heated in neem oil. These are called BOLUSES and are as large as clenched fists. The same ones are used for three days in a row then fresh ones are made up. This treatment is for bone ailments, joint ache, arthritis etc.


I am driven mad by my hair so I ask one of my therapists to do what is "allowed" by the doctor - she takes hot steamy towels and wipes the excess oil off without touching the scalp. It feels a little bit better.


My two knees have rather sore joints and so are bandaged up with castor leaves daubed with a brown paste and I hobble back home for a late lunch and a rest.


Sr. M rings up and we need to have a tactical talk with her superior visiting from Tamil Nadu. I am not really in the mood but Babu offer to drive me and wait for me. This makes a big difference as I am supposed to keep both legs straight! Hmmm!


I get a measure of the pulse of the sisters behind Mercy and their level of support for her situation. This is itself is reassuring. They are good brains and are very solution focussed. What action will they counsel? I leave it to them.


Home to a quiet evening and chat with the delightful Tom E. It cheers me up and I am definitely in need of a laugh.


I am at a low ebb this week. Lethargic and tetchy. Not my usual self at all! And not really in the mood to write the blog - so it sits and waits for me to get back in the groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment